- Aspen, Ryan agree to trading relationship
Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd. said Thursday it has entered into an agreement with Ryan Specialty Group to support a diverse international portfolio of delegated underwriting authority business.
- VW agrees to $3.5 million diesel emissions settlement with Ohio
Volkswagen AG agreed to a $3.5 million settlement with Ohio over claims the German automaker violated state laws by manipulating vehicle computer software in its vehicles to mask carbon dioxide emissi …
- Markel must cover under excess policy in plant explosion
The Mississippi Supreme Court overturned a lower court ruling Thursday and ruled that a Markel Corp. unit must provide coverage under its excess policy for a 2014 plant explosion.
- Vermont reports increase in captives
Vermont, the largest U.S. captive domicile, added 45 captive insurers last year, compared with 38 new formations in 2020.
- Bills would cover adverse reactions to mandatory vaccinations
Two bills were scheduled to be introduced in the Oklahoma and New Hampshire state House of Representatives expanding workers compensation benefits for adverse vaccination reactions.
- High Street acquires Washington state brokerage
High Street Insurance Partners Inc. said Friday it has acquired Edmonds, Washington-based brokerage Insurance Services Group.
- Judge blocks federal employee COVID vaccine mandate
A judge in Texas ruled Friday that President Joe Biden could not require federal employees to be vaccinated against the coronavirus and blocked the U.S. government from disciplining employees who fail …
- Washington bill would overhaul workplace safety in health care
Lawmakers in Washington state are scheduled to discuss a bill that proponents say would improve worker safety and patient care in health care facilities by addressing staffing needs, overtime, and mea …
- Bill would mandate against medical pot reimbursement in comp
South Dakota lawmakers are considering a bill that states workers compensation insurers would not be required to reimburse for medical marijuana.