- Biden taps California safety leader to head OSHA
President Joe Biden on Friday named the chief of the California Division of Occupational Safety and Health Doug Parker as his nominee to head the federal OSHA.
- March weather insurance losses expected to top $1 billion
Aon Plc said Friday that multiple severe weather outbreaks in the United States during March are expected to result in insurance losses topping $1 billion.
- Credit Suisse’s US brokerage files suit over data leak
The U.S. brokerage subsidiary of Credit Suisse Group AG has disclosed that former employees’ personal data was leaked last month and that it had filed a lawsuit over the matter, in the latest snafu fo …
- Citigroup says another bank made bigger payment error
A lawyer for Citigroup Inc. told a U.S. judge on Friday he was aware of another large bank that recently made a bigger payment error than Citigroup made last August when it sent $894 million of its ow …
- Judgment against Chubb related to lost fabric affirmed
A federal appeals court on Friday affirmed a $2 million judgment against a Chubb Ltd. unit in connection with fabric lost after the company that owned the warehouse where it was stored filed for bankr …
- Travelers unit must indemnify county retirement association
A federal appeals court overturned a lower court ruling Thursday and held a Travelers Cos. Inc. unit must indemnify a California county employees’ retirement association under its fiduciary liability …
- Insurers looking closely at energy buyers’ ESG credentials: Willis
On top of rate increases, energy insurance buyers are seeing growing scrutiny of their environmental, social and governance procedures, Willis Towers Watson PLC said in a report Friday.
- IRS issues warning to microcaptive owners
The IRS on Friday urged participants in “abusive” microcaptive insurance arrangements to exit the programs and warned that it would issue penalties against such captive owners.
- Half of senior management prefers vaccinated workforce: Survey
Fifty percent of senior managers prefer to require all team members to get the vaccine before coming back to the office, whereas only 26% of individual contributors and middle managers feel this way, …
- CVR Energy sues Delek for documents to establish CEO pay
Billionaire Carl Icahn’s refiner CVR Energy, the largest shareholder in Delek US Holdings, filed a lawsuit on Thursday seeking to inspect books and records of Delek relating to its CEO compensation.