- Mental health key to improving workplace safety: Panelists
Employers can make their workplaces safer by addressing the mental health issues of their workforce.
- Cereal brand gets serious slap on health claims
Post Consumer Brands has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit that claimed its so-called healthy cereals contain bunches of sugar.
- Insurers denying nearly half of COVID-19 claims: Texas report
The total number of claims reported to Texas Department of Workers’ Compensation in 2020 was 24% higher than in 2019 and as of Feb. 14, insurers reported 44, 873 COVID-19 claims and 200 related fatali …
- White House closely tracking Microsoft's emergency patch
The White House is closely tracking an emergency patch Microsoft Corp. has released, U.S. national security adviser Jake Sullivan said Thursday, after an unknown hacking group recently broke into orga …
- Amwins to buy rival wholesaler Worldwide Facilities
Amwins Group Inc., the largest wholesale broker, has agreed to buy the fifth-largest wholesaler, Worldwide Facilities LLC.
- The BI Top 10: Week of March 1, 2021
Nearly one year after Aon PLC announced plans to acquire rival broker Willis Towers Watson PLC, the proposed deal continues to make headlines as sources say the European Union is weighing antitrust ac …
- Aviva sells Italian unit to Allianz, CNP Assurances
British insurer Aviva PLC has sold its Italian insurance business for €873 million ($1.1 billion) to German insurer Allianz SE and French insurer CNP Assurances SA.
- Taiwan’s insurance industry posts 30% growth in pre-tax profits
Data from Taiwan’s Insurance Bureau of the Financial Supervisory Commission showed 31% year-on-year growth in pre-tax profits of the local insurance sector to $233 billion Taiwanese ($8 billion) in 20 …
- 8.1-magnitude quake jolts New Zealand, prompts tsunami alert
An 8.1-magnitude earthquake jolted New Zealand on March 5, prompting tsunami warnings and evacuation orders for tens of thousands of coastal residents in New Zealand.